24/05/2016 CereProc wins a prestigious tender
We’re excited to announce that CereProc has yet again beaten tough competition to win the prestigious tender from the Swedish Agency for Accessible Media (MTM) to improve their TTS offering.
We’ll keep you posted with more news as the project develops. In the meantime, here’s some interesting facts about Sweden:
• Swedish became de jure official language of Sweden only in 2009. (Interestingly, Swedish was an official language in Finland before it was in Sweden.)
• Sweden is home to five official national minority languages, and countless other languages are spoken by Sweden’s diverse population. The largest, after Swedish, are Finnish, Serbo-Croatian, Arabic, Kurdish, Spanish, German and Farsi
• Passports issued by Sweden (and Germany) offer visa free travel to more countries than any other passport
• The official Twitter account (@sweden) is open to a random citizen every week to manage
• File-sharing is an official religion in Sweden (it’s called Kopimism). It holds CTRL+C and CTRL+V as sacred symbols
• A former king of Sweden, Eric of Pomerania, became a pirate after he lost the throne.